Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hailstorm

Just had a hailstorm appear here in Margate. It was quite fun to watch, hail bouncing in the grass and the occasional flash across the sky. It's just kind of descended into summer rain.

I'm quite suprised the few flys buzzing around my garden aren't being crushed into the ground by the rain really.

Storms always remind me of childhood when, with the first boom of thunder, we'd dash to the window to watch the whole storm through, depsite anything that was on TV. Nowadays, I have a glance outside and instantly return to whatever I was doing, which happened to be watching Quadrophenia with some toast. Good toast might I add. Good film aswell.


I wish there were still mods around today. I shall have to start a mod revival or something. Although, I suppose I could do without those scooters. They were a bit shit to be honest.

Also, does anyone else find it strange that Phil Daniels is on Eastenders now. Everytime I see him on there I have the strange hope he'll next appear in suit and parka and lead a small group of mods to terrorise the Square. Alas, I doubt this is going to happen anytime soon, but I'd certainly enjoy the soap more if it did.

6 Comments:

Blogger Snailspace said...

Aaaaagh I'd rather do the washing up than watch East Enders.
A quote from a Motorcycle Mag once said
A program about simple London folk who like to shout at each other, suitable for the more simple minded viewer.
I ones owned a Lambretta TV 175. and you're right it was crap.
68mph down Detlig hill where I ran out of ground clearance and subsiquently ran out of road where upon we parted company and I vowed never to get on one of the confounded things again.
Now motor bikes; thats adifferent matter.
Good Blog by the way

10:58 PM  
Blogger Eastcliff Richard said...

I once had a Lambretta GP200 and can echo The Snail's sentiments. Can't understand why they're selling for £5000 plus these days, perhaps we'd better ask that rather taciturn fellow who runs Thanet Area Scooter Sales in Cliftonville.

Speaking of Phil Daniels, when are Eastenders going to give his brother Paul a go? Or maybe Paul could do a turn in Last Of The Summer Comedians? Make it disappear, maybe?

Anyway, must go as I'm supposed to be dead. Cool blog, Dobbo me old mucker, keep up the good work!

7:37 AM  
Blogger thanetbloglist said...

Hello,
You've been added to the Thanet Blog List @ http://thanetbloglist.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work

4:48 PM  
Blogger sfdretywu said...

Never had a go on one of those scutter things, myself. I do rather fancy the idea of trying everything once before I die. Figured that would be an appropriate one to leave until last.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who writes about
Several
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas
www.home-businessreviews.com

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home